In our hectic modern world, many people are taking time out to practice yoga - a system of philosophy that originated in India 5,000 years ago. Everyone can practice yoga, regardless of age, sex or ability.
Yoga offers us a holistic approach to body, mind and spirit which can provide us with the tools to cope with the challenges of daily life. Yoga can also complement medical science and therapy for specific conditions.
You may be drawn to yoga simply for health and fitness or be seeking relief for a specific physical condition. You might want help with managing stress or would like pregnancy yoga classes or exercises suitable for the less able-bodied. Whatever your objectives, there are yoga classes that can meet them.
By making yoga a part of your daily routine, you may become aware of subtle changes in your approach to life. In your yoga class, you may well begin to glimpse a state of inner peace...your true nature.
The Sanskrit word yoga is translated as 'union' between mind, body and spirit. In the West, the most widely taught form of yoga is Hatha Yoga with classes offering students exercises to stretch and flex the body, develop breath awareness, relaxation and sometimes meditation.
Some classes may be low impact while others can be very demanding.
Pay as you go
Classes at The Oast Sittingbourne
- 12pm - 1pm (60 mins) Yoga - Instructor Michelle Jansen (Pay Michelle directly - £7 per class)
- 6.15pm - 7.15pm (60 mins) Yoga - Instructor Michelle Jansen (Pay Michelle directly - £7 per class)
Classes at Sheerness
- 5.45pm - 6.45pm (60 mins) - Mindful Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Instructor Cheryl Fenton
- 12pm - 1pm (60 mins) Mindful Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Instructor Cheryl Fenton
- 11.15am - 12.15pm (60 mins) Restorative Yoga - Instructor Cheryl Fenton
Payments to be made via our secured payment system for all classes in Sheerness. Once booked on your class please all our reception team on 01795 437710 to register your card.